Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Suicide Cells



     I have a little bit of a problem with this article. The only people tested were schizophrenics and people with bipolar disorder. I think, before any conclusions can be reached, study on healthy humans must be conducted. Also, they only tested nine victims. We need more evidence here! For the sake of the rest of the article, let us assume that this is paralleled with healthy humans. This seems like great news because since the source has been identified. New and more effective medicines can be created to help ease people suffering with depression. The world can feel good again, all because we know the source of the sadness. Or should we? Is it natural to create happiness in a lab? Should we abandon nature? Should we live on Tranquillity Lane? I think that working out problems without the use of powerful (and new, probably not tested enough) anti-depressants in anti-human. It decimates the chance to be human in my opinion. It is the Human Cost.
     As with the majority of SA articles, I didn't like any of the language. I feel like a broken-record. I think it's just that I haven't found anyone that I can really say, "Wow! I read that for the experience!" in this magazine yet. I read efferently more than aesthetically. There is very little of any part of Aristotle's triangle in the article. It is to inform, and inform it does. Not a bad read; I found the article very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment