Search This Blog

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Long Lines and Scalpers: Rock Star? No, Leonardo



     This is great. Absolutely outstanding. It is wonderful to know that in today's society, there are people who would actually like to educate themselves. I know right! It completely caught me my surprise too! Anyway, this fantastic. Leonardo da Vinci's life and work should be preserved this way. Now, I can't even doodle correctly, but that doesn't mean I dislike Leonardo. "The Last Supper" is phenomenal, as well as the "Mona Lisa". I am just surprised that these tickets (marketed responsibly) are selling the way they are described. I have a quick thought though, what if the truck/van/car/vehicle crashed with all the paintings in it? What would happen to the driver and the museums? Just think about it.
     I was unimpressed with the language of the article. Nothing jumped out at me except an error in the second paragraph, which left out quotations around "Mona Lisa". Carol Vogel seems heartily indifferent about da Vinci and it reminded me of an advertisement. The pro-da Vinci bias seemed like it was selling him, which is the opposite of what the topic's theme is: there are people out there who wish to appreciate art, and not to say that they do. So basically, if you are a big Leo fan, go scalp some tickets.

1 comment: