Search This Blog

Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Whirling Sound of Planet Dickens


Here is the link to the article.

     Dickens is pretty chill. The thing that bugs me about this is that whenever I think of him, I automatically think about the Doctor Who episode about him. Also, when he's being interviewed on the "tele", it's quite funny. He says something along the lines of this year's special will involve ghosts of the past, present, and future all at once! It was funny because time had collapsed and all time was happening at once and was about to deteriorate into nothing! Speaking of which, this year's Christmas special was miserable. I strongly disliked it, which is sad because I loved last year's so much. It was too sappy. Last year's was straight up sad, but this one was the feel-good story of the year. I did, however, like what they did with the trees and how they have souls and spirits. Also, I liked the Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe-esque feel, specifically the box.
     But let's get back to Dickens. I thought that they kind of described him as a 19th century rock star. He partied, was crazy, and was extremely successful. This is somewhat in contrast to the Doctor Who bit, in which he seemed very inquisitive. Actually that might be because he met a Time Lord. But in the article, he seems like he has every answer to everything. He seems so self-assured that he needs to wander the streets in search of new questions that need answering. This he probably considered to be his life's aim. It is not a bad one if you ask me. Dickens is probably one of the most interesting people to ever live. I wish I could talk to him for just an hour to gain some his wisdom in writing and in life. I liked the line, "Every night he walked a dozen miles, without which, he said, 'I should just explode and perish.'” However, I think the real beauty lies in Dickens' character. The article was a pretty good read, and surprisingly well written. I would  recommend it.

2 comments:

  1. What's ahhhh what's going on with your strip of electronic white-out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. html, it does it randomly. Ill fix it.

    ReplyDelete