Search This Blog

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Unnatural Landscapes: The Human Impact on Earth's Surface


Here is the link to the article.

     I am no tree hugger. I will never sit outside a college (or in Boston) in protest of the destruction of the environment. There is nothing I can do to stop the spread of human growth. It is way too late for that. But these pictures are just wrong. Look at the pile of tires. Stephen Hawking has never used numbers that large. Here is a question for the AP Environmental Science class: what's up in Canada? I would bet that they would have no response. There is just an abundance of environmental problems. In real life, the environment is being torn apart right under our noses (remember that dull Patterns story, The Secret Life of Garbage?). My response? Oh well. Too bad. Too soon we will have to pack our bags and ship out to some planet at the edge of the universe. Hopefully science will develop to the point in which we actually have the ability to do so. Maybe Hawking will find the answer to stabilizing wormholes. Maybe. These are some pretty huge problems, and I don't know about you, but I don't want to end up like the people in Wally. Moral of the story is to keep pushing for astrophysics because environmental scientists aren't doing us any favors. Remember that actions speak louder than words.

No comments:

Post a Comment