Search This Blog

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Quantum Cryptography Comes to Smart Phones


Here is the link to the article.

     Have you ever seen a person doing something absolutely idiotic with a smartphone? I sure have. I think that the idea of a smartphone is actually quite stupid. A smartphone takes away from your life. I have some crappy phone with a slide out keyboard that I use every now and then. I also have an iPod touch, second generation. I bought it with the mindset that all the apps and the ease of music navigation would be worth it. I mainly bought it, however, because it was around the time that everyone started getting them. If I had known how useless they actually are, I would have put my money I worked hard to earn to better use. Nowadays, the only thing I use my iPod Touch for is my book app (which is actually awesome, it has all the classics you could think of; it claims some 23,000+ books, but I would still prefer a kindle) and as a clock. I use my sister's old green iPod for music, but mainly listen on Spotify on my computer. The unneeded distractions spawned by smart phones don't seem to be going away, or anywhere for that matter, so instead of arguing with the feeble people who use them, I will instead talk about the article.
     The author relied on logos mostly in an attempt to warn the infidels of their blessed iPhone's shortcomings. That is actually quite ironic as people with iPhones probably don't read SI. And not Sports Illustrated. As these foolish people continue to place their trust in the fact that nobody can hack it because it's their phone, more and more are being robbed. It is sort of sad I think; the poor people too stupid to realize it are playing prey to sleazy people. These thieves are real threats, and people are too caught up in their iLightSabers to take heed. None of this would've happened if we didn't have smart phones in the first place. They are a way for pompous people to flaunt their wealth. Nobody needs one, especially high schoolers.  There is nothing important enough happening in anyone's lives at Hanover to constitute the number of Twitter followers they think they deserve. News flash, you are a boring, miserable, shallow person! Nobody should willingly pay attention to your status updates, profile picture changes, and relationship statuses. I see a fair number of my classmates on their iPhones in class constantly. They are repeat offenders; some even sit in the class with their iPhones in their laps, blatantly disrespecting their teachers, classmates, and making themselves look bad. If you had an actual emergency, excuse yourself from class and make a call in the office. Just because you think what you will be drinking Friday night is more important than your schoolwork doesn't mean that it actually is. In short, smart phones are a dehumanizing society and creating emotional, ethical, and social issues. They are unnecessary and should be disposed of accordingly.

2 comments:

  1. I feel like all of your posts are rants, but i like to read them so I'm not complaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I came to that conclusion while writing about the GPS article. I thought that this blog is really to show off the world's problems. It's therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete