Search This Blog

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Beyond SATs, Finding Success in Numbers



Here is the link to the article.

     There is a slight problem with this article and foundation. That is, the SAT's are fair. I will start my argument by negating yours: a quality of an intelligent person is being able to pass a test. Good test-takers need nerves of steel as well as intellect and experience. It is a summation of your character, work ethic, and overall aptitude for learning. It is high stakes, but guess what? So is life, so get over it. I do not pity poor testers, but I will help you if you need it because everyone should be able to test with ease. Moving on, I thought the man who started it is pretty chill, but I have no personal reaction whatsoever to the editorial. I think it is an odd concept, but seeing how it doesn't directly affect me, it does not matter and shall be treated as such.
     I thought the writing style was better than most Times composers. It did get boring around the middle, but I figured I had gotten that far already, so why stop? I particularly dislike the title. It is quite misleading: I thought I would read some way to hack the SAT's, but instead it talks about some students that were selected for their intellect that is not consistent with their scores. I see this as a problem. Hell, I should move to the Bronx so I can go to school for free. I'd be a shoo-in. Anyhow, the piece was average. Don't bother reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment