Search This Blog

Saturday, September 24, 2011

What if the Secret to Success Is Failure?

"To help chronically low-performing but intelligent students, educators and parents must first recognize that character is at least as important as intellect.” If I could summarize the message of the entire article, it would be close to the above quote. I found Tough's writing style to be very critical. He was thoroughly researched on the topic, I do agree with the material discussed, and I wish that this would come standard in Mass schools. In those ways it satisfies the three appeals, making this an easy choice to write about for me. I hope that somewhere, someone important reads this, the decides that this is something that needs to be done in every school around the country. If that happens, I feel that Regan's article review about how our generation is the worst generation ever to exist will be quickly changed to the best. A school system with a course that teaches grit will ensure the flourishing of our lives.

2 comments:

  1. Character is twice as important as knowledge in my opinion. Good job, and interesting article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's develop a course in grit, Jimbo!

    ReplyDelete