Search This Blog

Thursday, March 1, 2012

NASA's Spitzer Finds Solid Buckyballs in Space



Here is the link to the article.

     Well, I have finally found a new medium of news to discuss. Albeit, it is pretty much a beefed up version of SA. NASA! Straight from the space agency comes a whole round of posts concerning life, the Universe, and everything.
     Buckyballs are molecules constructed of 60 carbon atoms. They are super strong, conduct well, and could be used for a whole multitude of things. The article named medicines, water purification and armor, but what is to stop us for using it for anything that needs extreme strength? Possibly the outer layers of a rocket? If they are shock-absorbent, they could be used as car bodies and chassis, and possibly even drum shells. They are described as a sort of wonder-material. I think that the real value of the article comes from something else: what else is out there that we don't know about? I'll leave you to your imagination.
     I'm currently accumulating a great knowledge on writing a scientific news report I've discovered. I've read many posts from SA and various science blogs from universities. Blogging skeptics, I disagree with your views that this has nothing to do with your education as a writer. I have learned a great amount about the universe and the way to write about it through this. It is very helpful. At least, it is what you make of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment